Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
November 16th, 7pm at stake center
There will be a choir there as well. If you would like to participate in the choir, please come at 6pm to practice before the meeting.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Let me give you a little back story to help you understand the family situation.
Mike Larson's former PhD mentor has recently started working in Chicago. His name is Ming. Ming works in Chicago Monday through Friday and comes back on weekends to spend time with his family. Ming's wife, Laura, is a medical student here at MCW and she is doing her 3rd year rotations. She has had 2 children since starting medical school. Laura's parents live with them, but their are older and by the end of the day, it's difficult for them to keep up with the young children. Since Laura and Ming are gone much of the time, the grandparents are the caretakers. But by the end of the day, the children often end up watching tv.
So this family is looking for someone to come "tutor" their children. Really what they're looking for is someone who enjoys spending time with kids to come share creative play with their children. For example: read stories, play games, imagination play, or creating activities (coloring, playdough, etc). They don't want their children to be watching TV for hours at a time every day.
They are willing to pay, but I do not have any details on how much yet. They seem very flexible so if you are at all interested, let me know and I can get you their information.
If you are interested in this position, or know of anyone who is looking for this kind of a job, please let me know. I will contact the family and try to find out more details. Email me at smilinglarson at gmail dot com
Thank you so much!
Sunday, October 9, 2011
The Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Family and Community Medicine sponsors an annual 2-day Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) Course for community physicians, family medicine residents and nurses in obstetrical emergencies. There are generally around 40 participants. During the course, participants rotate through seven different workshops. One of the workshops is Ultrasound.
We’re looking for women in their late second or third trimester. Qualified physicians will be performing the ultrasounds and only your belly will be exposed. You will get to take ultrasound pictures home with you.
This year’s course will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, November 2-3, 2011 at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Workshop times are from 10:20 am – 4:40 pm on Wednesday and 9:50 am – 2:30 pm on Thursday. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Parking is free.
A stipend will be paid of $50 for 1 day or $100 for both days.
**note from Robyn** I have participated in this workshop twice and it was lots of fun. The machine they use to print out the ultrasounds was not there the first time I did it, so don't count on getting pictures (but if you do, bonus!). When I did it they also fed us lunch. If you have the time, this is a fun experience, plus they pay you! :) If you have older kids and need someone to watch them so you can go, let me know!
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
For Hunger Task Force
Donate 3 Different Ways
1. Bring Items to Church with you and drop off in specified boxes
2. Contact YM/YW to pick up your donation on October 5th
3. Participate in 5k Run/Walk for Hunger on October 8th 8:00am @ Hoyt Park –All are Welcome
The following is a list of preferred non-perishable items to donate:
· Canned fruit and juice
· Breakfast items, such as cereal, oatmeal and pancake mix
· High protein foods such as peanut butter, canned meats, canned beans and stews
· Canned vegetables
· Infant formula and baby food
· Dinner items such as pasta, macaroni & cheese and potato mixes
· Lunch items such as canned soups or canned pasta items
For Hunger Task Force
Sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Participate in a 5K run/walk for Hunger to help stock the shelves of Hunger Task Force
When: October 8th, 2011
Where: Hoyt Park
- meet in parking lot by the new pool
Bring: Two or more non perishable food items per runner/ walker to donate to Hunger Task Force
The Semi-annual Carter’s and OshKosh sample sale is this weekend!
NEW CLOTHES, NEVER BEEN WORN!
THOUSANDS OF ITEMS!
Friday, October 7th 2-7pm
Saturday, October 8th 8am – 12pm
Apparel for both Boy and Girl in
sizes 9M,12M, 3T, and 5
All samples $5.00 as is, all sales final, cash only
W147 N9800 Rimrock Road
Germantown, WI 53022
a few blocks Northeast of Pilgrim & County Line Roads
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
- "Cempazuchi" on Brady St. in downtown Mke. Mexican food with delicous tacos.
- "Sweet Creations" located in Slinger, WI. Tasty donuts and bread.
- "Cranky Al's" on 69th and North Ave. Bakery and pizza.
- "Pizza Shuttle" on Farwell Ave. in downtown Mke.
- "Spice House" on Glenview Ave: hot chocolate mix, cinnamon.
- Veri Veri Teryaki: teryaki sauce.
- Adolph's seasoning: roast, chicken, steak.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- lightweight makeup found at Sephora. Lasts a long time!
- ELF cosmetics- great prices found at Target or for full line- eyeslipface.com
- Jergens Natural Glow lotion
- Olay Pro-X anti-aging cream
- Aveda Hand Relief lotion
- Hibiclens- antiseptic antimicrobial skin cleanser
- Coconut Milk Shampoo
- Dry Shampoo- Found at Sally Beauty Supply, Sephora
- commonsensemedia.org- gives a heads-up on movie content, more accurate then ratings.
- katyshamitz.blogspot.com- "Skills for Living"
- amazon.com (great deals on diapers- subscribe to amazonmother)
- Bradford Beach: volleyball, free parking.
- Elm Grove Park: tennis, volleyball, swimming, nature trails.
- Hoyt Park: swimming- from 9-11am adults get in for $4 and children 3&under get in FREE.
- Hart Park: Tosa Tonight Concerts during the summer. Look on wauwatosa.net for dates.
- Fox Brook Park: clean beach with volleyball, swimming- lifeguards on site.
- The Twelmeyer family pool :)
- The Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago, WI- train, hayrides, pumpkins, baked apple pie in a bag.
- Shusters Farm in Deerfield, WI- cornmaze, haunted forest, pumpkins.
- Milwaukee Art Museum: 1st Thursday of the month anyone can get in FREE (
not just county residents).
- Milwaukee Public Museum: On Mondays Milwaukee county residents get in FREE.
- Children's Museum- low income families can get a scholarship.
- Botanical Garden Domes: Mondays from 9am-noon Milwaukee county residents get in FREE.
- Milwaukee County Zoo- free days once a month during the winter
- Downtown Milwaukee Trolley: June 1st-August 27th, Wed-Sat. $1/person round trip.
- Playroom Closet: sell/buy used goods.
- H&M: great deals on clothing.
- ForLove at Mayfair Mall: cute jewelry/accessories for great prices.
- Half Price Books
- Mechanic: Voline on 69th and North Ave.
- Pediatrician: Dr. Bradley Kirschner, Westbrook Pediatrics
- Photography: Brooke Hedin, Jenn Reese
- Hair: Devenee Smith, Danielle Logan, Julia Lynch
- Baby sling: Modbe Wrap, newborn-age 2. Talk to Christin Ricks for easy to use pattern.
- Pottery making: Creative Fire Pottery on 64th and North Ave.
- Oxy-clean: Gets out anything!
- DVD player: Clear Play- parental control feature that filters regular DVD movies.
Thank you sisters for all the great input!!!!